Thursday, March 6, 2008

Paul Auster and Siri at Readings

I'm not the type to go out of my way to be in a crowd of people.
But I did just that this evening and it was worth every painful standing moment.
I stood in the crowd at Readings bookshop to hear a conversation between one of my a favorite author's (Paul Auster) his wife (Siri) also an author, and critic Peter Craven.

I have read novels by Auster for the last 10 years. I never thought I would be standing in the crowd watching him talk about his work. He was relaxed and talked in a straight forward manner not forced or pretentious. His thoughts about chance, the aging human body, and contemporary American politics were insightful and funny. These two shots from my phone are not very clear but it's all I have.













Also at Readings was a wall of fame. Autographs from Authors who have been there.
Here are a few...

1 comment:

yoshe said...

hi george Nice site Hope mine looks as good as this in a while. was wondering if you could help me, i havent recieved a verification for my blog yet. have sent a message to complain Do you know of any tricks? No worries either way theres nothin precious